“Evidence. Evidence. Evidence.”
A passion for the rights of each individual and a willingness to be totally immersed in the defense of each client are the foundation of his reputation as a lawyer.
- AV Rated since 1985.
- Admitted to the Louisiana Bar, 1968
- Admitted to practice before U.S. Supreme Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, US District Court Western District of Louisiana.
- Preparatory education, Louisiana State University,
- Tulane University Law School (JD 1968)
- Phi Alpha Delta Fraternity (President)
- Lafayette Juvenile and Young Adult Program, 1969 to Present. President 1970-72
Advisory Board 1982
- State Versus Joe Breland – not guilty by reason of insanity
- State Versus Clarence J. Saloom – not guilty by reason of insanity
- State Versus Dalton Prejean – Death penalty handled for 13 years pro bono
- State Versus R. Kelly – Felony charge of aggravated battery reduced to misdemeanor, simple battery, suspended sentence, $100 fine
- State Versus Seth Fontenot – charged with one count of 1st degree murder and two counts of 2nd degree murder; jury returned verdict of one count of manslaughter and two counts of 2nd degree battery. Sentence to 13 months imprisonment.
In the course of his career, Mr. Guilbeau has handled 100 homicide cases and seven (7) death penalty cases and has been qualified in court as an expert in Criminal Law